1/5/10

Again Colombus ... what was he finally?



I am a huge Colombus fan ... besides being him the guy responsible of the continent I was born at (I know, not a very deep/objective reason to admire a historial icon), I overall think the guy`s story is amazing, from a historical, human and entrepreneurial perspective. Today throwing away some garbage from my desk shelves I found again some notes I jotted down at some conferences I attended months ago, and it was funny to find two different analogies/comparisons about Colombus, related to entrepreneurship ...


"Columbus the first VC (Venture Capital) receiver"

Thus, the Queen Isabel was the first Venture Capitalist, since she funded Columbus trips to the Indies (later the Americas) without having a clue if this venture would actually end up in something ...

"Colombus, the father of the NGOs"

This is a cruel one (towards the social sector), and it`s rather a joke. Do you know why Colombus was the father of the NGOs? Because he did not know where he was going and where he arrived, and still he managed to get funding twice. (Well, the joke was originally told in spanish, so I`m not quite sure if the translations brings out the same level of sarcasm!!)

Enjoy!

No comments: